Outline of experience
9 Week Experience (June 3 to August 2)
- Week 1 New Hire Training
- Shadow in different departments
- Students identify departments that they may be interested in
- Train in Drill Press
- Week 2
- Follow a part through the building to different departments
- Students identify department(s) of interest to determine placements for the rest of their experience
- Work in Drill Press
- Week 3 – Week 9
- Students rotate through the different departments on a weekly basis, maximizing time in areas of interest.
- Students will gain experience in machining, press brake, programming, and design. Other areas may be possible depending on the student’s interest.
Students will also complete OHSA 10 training during their session.